Sunday, March 30, 2008

A weekend winds down

Well, the tostadas were a hit. There was a lot left over which was made into nachos on Saturday night. Nachos, a movie & a cold beer. Nice. This weekend was pretty lazy. We got out of the house a bit just for fun. No errands were ran, no hurried happenings. It has been very nice.
The photo above was taken for my SIL. She sent this little dress to Aidan (now 5 months) a few weeks back. Erika & Ainslee have similar dresses which they have worn the past two winters and which will be retired this winter. Their legs are just too long now and the buttons cannot be lowered any more. The dresses are very cute and come from Chocolate Soup in Memphis, TN. Cute store. Thanks so much Aunt Ann! We are leaving town on Wednesday to drive to Arkansas where both of my SILs and their families will be. It is my husbands grandmother's 90th birthday celebration. I love visiting his family & I wish we could stay a week or two, but it just can't be managed at this time. A long weekend will have to do. So, in honor of Ann and the rest of my husband's family I am sharing a recipe that they all love and have shared with me. It is tasty & coincidentally, I am serving it to my family tonight! I hope you give it a try & enjoy it.
Creamy Chicken Cordon Blue
3 large chicken breasts pounded flat
3 slices of ham
3 slices of Swiss cheese
1 can cream of mushroom/chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup dry white wine
Paprika, salt & pepper
Pound Chicken and lay flat, place one piece of ham & cheese on each breast. Roll and secure with a toothpick or two. It doesn't have to look pretty. Lay in a deep, oven proof dish (any casserole dish should work). In a bowl mix soup, sour cream & wine (a Tbl. of Dijon can also be added at this point). Add paprika, salt & pepper to taste. Pour this mixture over the chicken. Cook at 350 degrees for 1-1.5 hrs (it will be bubbly). Serve with rice.
Hope your weekend was great!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Aidan is a little cutie... I love the dress! I'm looking forward to trying the chicken recipe. You did a great job on the skirts!

Java Mama said...

Thanks Julie. We are pretty smitten with Aidan - thankfully Erika & Ainslee are as well. No jealous fits to report. I hope you enjoy the recipe!

Stacy said...

yum. I'm going to try that recipe!! Little A is adorable!

Philigry said...

oh nachos are my favorite! that sounds like a great weekend!