Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Yoga, I go

A quick thanks to Joanne for the nail polish recommendation. I will give it a try next time. The Monday polish-fest went well. I still didn't do mine, but the girls have pretty pink fingers & toes.
***
I hopped on the treadmill today only to realize I really didn't want to be there. I didn't want to exert that much energy for a 45-60 minute stretch. I also realized that there was no way I could make myself. Instead I popped into the yoga class and borrowed a mat. Wednesday's yoga class is gently - very, very gentle. We ended up doing the entire class on our backs which was perfect for me today. The instructor talked through the entire class (my only yoga experience has been at this gym with this teacher - maybe they all do this?) and said things like, "focus on your breathing, feel your breathing, avoid distractions." Once I was no longer distracted by her comments & directions I was surprised where my thoughts took me. I was a refreshing and renewing hour.
***
Part of yesterday's day included a long walk and then tricycle ride around our neighborhood. There is a little pond nearby that I usually avoid for fear the girls will get too comfortable around it and let their guard down. Yesterday we visited the pond and saw a soft shell turtle pop his little head up. They are such strange looking creatures compared to the hard shell turtle. This is the second s.s. turtle we have seen in less than a week - two different ponds too.

No comments: