Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday's surprise


I am not a fan of weekends when Martin is away. They seem empty and very long. Today had a surprise twist though . . . Healthy Kid Saturday at the YMCA. I have been a member of the Y since the girls were about 8 months old. Every morning we get up, eat and get dressed and then head to the Y. I don't normally go on Saturday or Sunday, but I needed to today because my patience was wearing thin by 8 a.m. and we had a showing at 11 a.m. so I had to be out of the house anyway. When I got to the Y the parking lot was packed and there were vendors and balloons outside. The girls were hooked instantly. We ended up staying longer than I expected and they girls hit every booth. I am guessing the event was intended to bring light to the Y's summer camp programs and allow parents to sign up for the summer events, but other than that it was all about balloons, stickers, pencils, face painting and candy. What kid wouldn't love it? We stood in line for 30+ minutes to get Erika & Ainslee's face painted - very much worth it - and they held out like troopers. Ms. Kitty and Ms. Butterfly kept looking at each other and saying: "you are beautiful". Bath time may be a tearful event when they realize that their embellishments wash off!

No comments: