Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Pie & Easter

Yesterday in the grocery store I saw the April issue of Bon Appetit (www.bonappetit.com). The cover shot is of a lemon meringue ice cream pie and was enough to convince me I needed to pick up the magazine. It looks very spring-y, perfect for Easter, and very delicious. It has a toasted pecan crust, two layers of ice cream, a lemon curd filling and the meringue topping. I don't have a kitchen butane torch, so I won't be making this right away, but I am definitely saving the recipe. YUM. It has been a while since I've made a pie, so I may need to add one to our Easter dinner menu. I am looking forward to Easter. The girls had a great time last year and I am sure they will enjoy this year even more. Their egg hunt will be a bit more challenging and their baskets will include a bit more sugar - they are getting bigger which has it rewards.

No comments: