Saturday, July 28, 2007

Projects complete!

I have been doing great on my to-do list. I finished up the second practice
shirt for the girls. One fish & one whale complete with button eyes. The photo quality is pretty poor but you can see the finished product and the entertained recipients. Their little smiles made me happy. I am far from being a pro, but the second shirt was much easier. Thanks Stacy for the fabric glue tip. That was the extra little stabilizer I needed. Now if I could just get the stitching closer to the edge of the fabric. I need more shirts to work on! I have also completed two other projects for the girls' boy cousins. They are not assembled, but I will show & tell once I have them absolutely completed. The girls and I are heading out this morning to try and find two Christmas presents that have been requested and are supposedly on sale now. Hopefully our Target has them and we can fill that order too. The sun is out now, but it has been absent the past two days. I hope it sticks around and dries up all the huge puddles that this past weeks rains have left. I still can't believe how much rain we get here! Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

They turned out great! Don't worry about getting the stitching too close to the edge. If you're doing a straight stitich, a 1/4 to an 1/8 of an inch is plenty--that way the edges will fray a little which looks cute. Or you could zigzag over the edge all at once--takes a bit longer, but it also works.

Stacy said...

Oh those stinkers look so happy! That makes it worth it, eh?
Great job. Glad the tiplet worked for you too. :)