Monday, February 5, 2007

Public notice

Well, our neighbors will now know. Our realtor put up the sale pending sign today. We have a contract - just shy of six months on the market! The inspection is Thursday and it is contingent on the sale of our buyer's house. Apparently the couple purchasing their house is pretty particular so I am a little nervous about them, but hey, this is better than the alternative. Now, my husband and I are a tad superstitious. If there is a deal in the works or the opportunity of something good coming our way we DO NOT talk about it for fear of jinxing the situation. We really aren't superstitious about anything else, but we do see eye-to-eye on this tactic. In my mind, by having the sale pending sign posted we are inviting bad luck. Crazy? I just keep saying my prayers and hoping for the best. I am hoping I will feel a sense of relief after the inspections since I haven't felt it yet.


On another note, http://allisonstrine.etsy.com has some very cute stuff on her site. I ordered a pendant after reading about her at http://maizehutton.com. Her jewelery has lot so color and is very whimsical. I have her bookmarked for some upcoming birthdays!


1 comment:

Stacy said...

oh my goodness! I just saw your comment on my "doodle" letters, and wandered over to see who the heck Java Mama was. It's you! You have your own blog! :)

your daughters are precious & I love their names! I hope you don't mind, but I read your whole blog. The robbery thing was terribly scary. I'm sure that was a very surreal situation.

Can't wait to see what you do with those craft projects. :) We have some potato stamps on the agenda for tomorrow that I'm really excited to try.

By the way - I've been a Maize fan for years. And discovered Alison Strine's etsy stuff a few months back too. It does appear that we have very similar taste!!

Ok, perhaps that's enough rambling to do within your comments box?? Enjoy the rest of your week..and happy blogging.