Friday, August 10, 2007

Summer Fun

We spent a long weekend in Oklahoma. This was my first time there and we were visiting my SIL & BIL and their two kiddos. They live on a beautiful piece of property and Erika & Ainslee had a blast. The reason for the visit was to have a cousin birthday bash. We have never lived very close to either SIL since the family had its baby boom (6 kids in four years!), so now that we are within a decent driving distance I wanted to take advantage and let the girls have a pre-birthday celebration with two of their cousins. It was a lot of fun and we are already talking about the next visit. Here are the foursome below. The other two cousins live in TN and we will have all six - actually seven by then- together for Christmas this year. It will be a crazy-fun, loud week!
This is my little family. We made a quick stop at a nature center. I wasn't able to take the heat for long and the girls were nearing nap time, so it was a very quick stop.
Yesterday was the girls' 3rd birthday. Unbelievable to me. I spend every day with them so it would seem reasonable that I of all people would grasp the length of time that has passed, but it just doesn't seem possible to me. They are amazing, sweet, inspiring little girls and I feel so completely blessed that they are ours to raise. I hope I never take it for granted.
Happy Birthday Erika & Ainslee. You make me smile, cry and laugh for joy! I thank God for you both!!!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday Erika & Ainslee! Kenzie says Hi! Well, actually she said "who are those girls???" but she meant hi. :) Happy weekend.

Fernanda said...

Hi there,
I got to your blog thru Stacey's. A am a full time mother and started blogging to find other full time mothers to exchange ideas, feelings, etc. Last april i wrote a very similar post to yours, when my son turned 6 years old. I thought it was fun, reading yours and thinking as well...
Be well!