Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Week One

Week one of no school. We haven't settled into a routine yet, but part of that is due to the recent holiday weekend and part because I still have zero energy to enforce a routine. I am still blaming allergy issues. I don't feel "normal", I can't seem to stay awake past 8:30 p.m., but I do feel better. This weekend started off with a scurry of packing to take a last-minute trip to San Antonio. Then we leisurely unpacked after not being able to book a hotel on the River Walk (Martin's only criteria). After unpacking we headed to Houston to visit the children's museum which was fun. We had not been before and the girls hit the ground running. I think we will make a weekday trip back during June. They loved it and have been asking to go again. It was great to see them just go, grab, pull, explore and all of it was allowable behavior! Aidan was even intrigued by all the activity going on about her.
The rest of the weekend was spent at a nearby park or two and keeping A & E busy doing anything other than watching television. I am still looking forward to visiting San Antonio though. Austin too. Martin and I really need to plan better.

Not much has occurred in the way of crafting. On the way to Houston I did knit one-half of a dishcloth. I have intentions of finishing it this week AND on making my way to Joann's for some supplies, but until that trip actually occurs I don't have anything to start anything with. I hope you all had a great holiday weekend and it is carrying over into this week!

No comments: