Monday, November 26, 2007

Feel the buzz?

I am feeling it. The buzz of stress knowing there is so much to do and seemingly little time to do it in. Every year I do this to myself & every year everything gets accomplished. Why do I stress so much? Do I secretly enjoy it? Anyway, my family returned to TX yesterday and as I looked at the luggage piled up in the living room, stacks of mail from the previous week, toys & shoes strewn on the floor, "the buzz" set it and has been buzzing every since. Amid all the mail were the birth announcements that I ordered. I opened the package and discovered that I did not like them at all. I disliked them so much that I have scratched the whole endeavor. Our far flung friends & family will get a peek of our newest one in the Christmas card so I am scratching the birth announcements off my list. I did keep one to include in her baby book just so she knows I did try.
***
Furniture. This is something that causes me stress as well. My husband and I don't see eye-to-eye on what we need, how to acquire it and what to do with it once we have it. In our 9 years of living together we have purchased very little furniture. We have inherited some, and brought some into the relationship that we previously & separately owned, and purchased some as a couple. Neither one of us like the idea of walking into a store, picking out a "set" of furniture for a room and buying it. We try to avoid conspicuous consumption and like the idea of recycling furniture. We also like 100% wood. I have begun to scout out pieces and have come across two great ones. One is a dresser for the girls room, and one is a beautiful oak dining room table. Both are sitting in our garage waiting to be tended to. I have decided to refinish both, but I have no clue when I will get to it. My husband thinks both are fine as-is and wants me to just leave it be. See what I mean?
***
My family had a great Thanksgiving holiday. Really great. I wasn't looking forward to our FL visit ending. Now that we are back in TX and gearing up for Christmas I am looking forward to visiting my husband's family. I feel so blessed that I enjoy his family AND mine. I am a lucky girl. I can't wait for the whole gang to get together. I know it will be a blast. Now I just have to make it through the next few weeks and get everything on my list completed. No time like the present . . . better get started.

No comments: