Friday, June 29, 2007

Texas benefits

I am a big list maker, many lists are made in my head on a daily basis and some lists are even penned onto paper. So, it seems appropriate to make a list of things I have found in the new town that I really like:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.E.B Plus: this is a great grocery store. They have a very large produce section, nice seafood, a large organic department, and a great selection of salsa. This salsa is "fresh" with chunks of veggies. It tastes like it just came out of the food processor.

Tortilla chips: a good salsa needs a good chip. Our first grocery run I grabbed a bag of the usual corn tortilla chips that have served us so well in the past. Martin immediately corrected me and grabbed a brown sack of chips. He was right. They are so light and crispy. They are local too.

Avocados: They are so cheap here!

Belle Maman: a great little maternity & infant store that is literally minutes from our driveway.

Traffic: there is very little to deal with.

Craft Stores: We have a Joann's, Michael's & Hobby Lobby in the same shopping area.

Kolaches: We have a Kolache Factory up from the house and stopped in today to sample a few. YUM. I had seen these on the Food Network so I kind of knew what they were. They are very tasty and I see many Kolache stops in my future. Basically it is a yeast bread with a sweet topping or a savory filling. We had both and I couldn't pick a favorite unless absolutely necessary.

Library: there is one close to the house and we stopped in today for story time. The girls loved the children's section and there is comfy adult seating within eye shot of the tot area.

I am sure there is more to like I just have to go out and find it. Not a bad start though for less than two weeks in the new town.

No comments: