Saturday, June 2, 2007

The busy work continues

I have seen this glassy expression quite a bit over the past week. I have done an okay job at maintaining our routine and keeping the girls outside as much as possible, but then I get started on a project and next thing I know this happens:

I am sure you can guess what her gaze is fixed on. But in the meantime I was able to do some of the organizing to prepare for Monday. Our pantry is pretty skimpy and both refrigerators are down to essential items. There is enough for some wacky, thrown-together lunches but that is about it.

Last night was spent shopping with Martin and the girls for Martin's father's day gift. He picked it out so I know he will love it. He has a 1964 Malibu that takes up one bay of our garage and is in pretty bad shape. It does run but it isn't really road worthy. He swears he will restore it one day or have it restored. He has been toting this car from coast to coast for over a decade. He loves it and I hate it. After getting married we decided to go ahead and have our wills drawn up. He willed the Malibu to his best friend because he was afraid I would sell it for scrap metal if anything ever happened to him. I can't say his instincts were entirely wrong!

Apparently this air compressor thingy will facilitate the restoration & mobility of the ol' Malibu in some fashion. That was the story I got anyway. Last night we had a great, and much needed, rain storm. Everything is wet and soggy this morning but I'll take it.

The yard has really never looked better. Our first year in the house we added a bunch of blooming shrubs and plants to add some color to the all green front & back yard. Finally, everything has decided to take off. Just in time for the new owners to enjoy. I hope they do too. We spent our honeymoon in St. Lucia and there were huge bougainvillea bushes everywhere in every color. We bought this one right after starting our yard projects since it reminded us of our great trip. This is the first time that it has bloomed and filled out so well. Well, back to the busy work. Hope you all enjoy the weekend!

No comments: