Friday, June 22, 2007

Howdy Y'all

Out with the old. I took this photo of our old living room moments before we left our old home and hit the road. Nothing homey about it at this stage.


In with the new. We are in Texas all together. Yah!


We are definitely in a smaller town which will be an adjustment, but I can picture us living here and being happy and active. We are renting for the first year - another adjustment - but it will work out fine. All the boxes are unpacked and things are gradually finding a place. Storage will be tricky since this house is smaller, but it will force me to be choosy about what I keep and any future purchases. The girls are getting accustomed to their new room and have been great sports about the big transition. On our way to TX from FL I would name the states as we crossed the lines. Louisiana made a big impression on Ainslee and she even made up a song and sang it over & over again. She pronounced it easy-anna. Her song consisted of singing the name over and over with a vocal flourish at the end. Very cute & very entertaining during the long car trip.

***

The week in between Orlando & TX was spent in North Florida at my mom's house. We went to the beach a lot, shopped and visited friends. It was a lazy week smack dab in between two very busy weeks. I hope to have the house finished up soon so I can catch up on all the blogs I haven't read in weeks. I have missed them! Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

well...this certainly answers the question I just emailed you! Welcome Home! Congrats on having your family back together... You've got some growing to look forward to. Can't wait to read all about it.