Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday kick-off

This morning I had an early appointment with my OB. 8:25 am. Sure, we get up early but I am never out of the house before 9 am. We have slow mornings around here. I was nervous about it last night since I know how doctors can keep you waiting, and since I was bringing the girls with me to the appointment I really wanted to be on time. Everyone showered last night, had a good night sleep and the morning went great. We were out the door by 7:30! Yah!!! I am 16 weeks now and everything is going well. The girls watched as the lab tech. took my blood and were very excited that I received a bandaid. Erika kept tapping my hand and asking if I was okay. It was sweet. They also listened to the baby's heartbeat but they didn't quite get what the noise was and where it was coming from. They just don't understand yet. We spent the time between the OB visit & lunch at a local park/ rose garden. The girls have spent many a Saturday in this park since it is adjacent to the Saturday morning farmer's market. I love a good farmer's market.
***
Yesterday afternoon I did this during nap time :

There really wasn't much I had to do other than string the beads. I thought about embellishing it with beads from my collection but decided it was cute as-is. I have a few color combinations that I really like, and this is definitely one of them. The paper beads are from Martha Stewart's new line at Michaels. I really love the colors. I am sure the necklaces will end up in the girls jewelry box, but for now they are perched on my dresser as eye candy.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Yay! - For ideal mornings. It's been awhile since I had one, but you deserve one in my books.

I have a tutorial for making these paper beads myself, that I desperately wish to try.

Or, perhaps, I should just take your lead and buy them. They look so stinking cool.