Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Family

I have some butter beans simmering on the stove which made me think of my oldest sister which made me start feeling very nostalgic & sad. I am the youngest of three girls. My sisters are 16 months apart in age and I am 12 & 13 years younger than them. I grew up feeling like an only child for the most part. Once I hit my 20's and started thinking more adult-like I realized how great my sisters are. I still think they are great and the older I get I realize how lucky I am to have them. They are both my favorite sisters but in different ways. We all three live in different cities and the oldest in a different state (NY). This past March we were all three together for over a week which is such an oddity and so much fun! Pam, the oldest, is an avid reader. She has three children and a great husband. She is completely non-judgemental and I have never seen her envious or jealous. She hates hot weather and gets very grumpy when she is even a tiny bit hot. Kim, the middle daughter, has a great head for numbers, she is very level headed, she has two Cocker Spaniels, she loves to run and can be amazingly laid back which is rare in my family. I love 'em both. Pam is unable to find butter beans in NY so whenever she visits FL we have them a couple of times so she can get her fill. Tonight I will be thinking of my great sisters and wishing they were here to help finish off all the beans!!

No comments: