Monday, July 21, 2008

Flour sack

This is my newest bag. My MIL sent me a flour sack from War Eagle Mill. She was up there a few weeks ago with my SIL and I had put in a request for a bag on her next visit. I had envisioned the bag below and thought it would be fun to make.
I had everything except for the overall buckle and set to putting it all together when I received the bag in the mail last week. I am happy with the results, but I am not sure how much use it will get. Right now it is hanging beside my aprons and I like all the various shades of reds together. The sewing practice was needed and I feel good that I did something somewhat creative.
This weekend also included a trip to the beach (why was I thinking it would be fun? Aidan ate sand the whole time!) and coming up with new combinations for salads. That is about all I can manage to prepare for dinner lately. Summer laziness has hit me hard! Hope you all had a good weekend.

No comments: