Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Yawn, stretch, yawn


This photo proves she can sleep. She sleeps for hours in her swing; I can run errands for two or three hours and she will soundly snooze in her car seat, but she will not sleep in her pak-n-play. She absolutely refuses. On Saturday morning it was just the two of us at the house so I decided to put her down for a nap when she was noticeably tired. From 9:30 am till 11:30 she cried. Never cried herself to sleep, just cried. Sunday night I went to bed around 9:30 pm. She was in the pak-n-play cooing and being sweet. At 10 pm I was woken up by her cries which continued until 2 am. Yes folks. I let her cry thinking eventually she would go to sleep. At 2:30 am she was sound asleep in a little ball next to me - in my bed. It is sweet and I love having her in bed with me, but I am thinking long term. E & A never slept in our bed. They were always in a crib or a pak-n-play; I guess that is where I screwed up. January 1 it is tough love for Ms. Aidan. I don't care who she wakes up or how long she cries she will be doing it in her crib in her room. Sorry baby girl.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

oh dear... I still can't wrap my head around that I'll soon be in a similar postion!! :) Have you formulated a position on those baby slings we were chatting about??? I haven't bought one yet and was waiting for some expert advice from Aidan.

Julie said...

Oh, she looks so sweet sleeping away! All three of my kids loved being held while sleeping... and the moment I laid them down, they would wake up crying!