Friday, October 12, 2007

Shoes, shoes, shoes

Why is it I can walk into any store, Target, Dillard's, or Neiman Marcus & find a pair of shoes I like in about 10 seconds. I can take my girls to five stores and they don't like anything. They won't even try them on. The only exception being ridiculous character-style house slippers. Those they want by the truck load. This morning I spent close to two hours trying to beef up the girls fall wardrobe with some long sleeve shirts, cords and shoes. I was able to find a couple of outfits for each of them that they "agreed" to, but no shoes. I am thinking I should just go out and buy some, put them in the closet and see how that approach goes. Do they really need to help pick them out? No, probably not. I am just making it harder on myself. Anyway, so I was able to accomplish part of this mornings task. I am thinking we need to take Dad to the mall & let him experience shopping with the girls - maybe he will be more successful in the shoe department!

1 comment:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Yes! Send Dad. He needs to know that shopping with children is not something you do for fun!