Monday, September 17, 2007

This is me tooting my own horn

This is the door that separates the laundry room & garage. It is very ugly and has no winning attributes other than being clean. I decided a couple weeks ago that it was time to take action and do something to prevent me from having to look into the garage whenever I am in the laundry room, which is a lot.
This rug is one that I have had for a while and I really like. It too is in the laundry room, and it served as the "inspiration" for the window.

And this is the finish product! It consists of a tension rod and four cloth napkins that I cut & sewed together to make a curtain.

While not perfect and certainly not retail quality, for a mere $14 and change it is a huge improvement over the first photo.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

ah, yes. much better -&- the accomplishment feels good doesn't it!

Java Mama said...

Yes! Although there is that voice in the back of my head: "you should have done this and next time do that". But, still yes.