Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Foodie

I am a foodie. It all started with my first kitchen in Tallahassee back in 2001. My husband and I bought a small townhouse after our first move together. Owning a kitchen made cooking so much more appealing. I have been hooked ever since. I am not a gourmet by any stretch, and I am not a baker. I like to cook hearty, comforting meals. With Martin out of town so much I slack off when he is not here, but he is coming home tomorrow so I have stocked the fridge and pantry and started thinking of meals for the coming days. Tonight is spaghetti - a favorite of the girls and a great left-over for Martin's Friday lunch. I went all out with this batch and added shredded carrots & onions and some black olives and garlic. I am hoping the sauce cooks down enough that the carrots aren't visible. Not that the girls won't eat it because of the carrots, but then again they might not. I never know. It feels good to have something simmering on the stove. I have had food on the brain lately, and food in hand as well. I am determined to gain less with this pregnancy. I only gained 34 lbs. with the girls. They weighed 5.9 & 5.10 at birth. It was an incredible pregnancy. I am hoping this one is the same, but I figure one baby: less pregnancy weight gain. With the Cadbury caramel eggs out of the house this will be a little easier to accomplish.
***
I haven't done this previously, but if you have a favorite quick dish or a sure-fire hit with kids let me know. I will share in return!!

No comments: